View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 02:50 AM
scott8813
N00b

scott8813 is keeping up the good workscott8813 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to scott8813
Wink Say goodbye to the annoyances of HTC Messaging and WM Messaging for good!

This is how you can say goodbye to the annoyances of HTC Messaging and WM Messaging for good!

I personally find both sms applications to be extremely faulty and always have. I have personally tested more sms apps that I care to remember and have to say that I have yet to find anything that can even hope to compare to the user friendly and well designed Vito SMS-Chat. There's just flat out no competition out there for it what so ever in my opinion. There are even registry mods out to have sms-chat stand in as your devices default sms programing even for HTC Sense UI.......... Idunno. That's my two cents I guess. I just know that there's alot of people (myself included) complaining about the crappy choices once thought to be our only options. Well there ya go. Take it or leave it I guess. I put a lot of time into this so I really hope this helps someone out.

Before getting started please allow me to remind members that this set of modifications that I have put together in some of the choices that I give you involve registry changing. Registry changing if done improperly can damage or destroy your device. So now, having been warned, please procede at your own risk and know that PPCGEEKS and/or myself are not responsible should you cause this to occur.

Ok guys, I did a decent amount of research and this is what I came up with............

Using SMS-Chat as default messaging - This tweak might be helpful for any one who has SMS-Chat installed and wanna use it as default messaging. Just make a small hack on your device and from now and so on whenever you tap the message box on today screen of PhonEx, for ex or on the messaging of Spb Mobile Shell or wherever messaging is based on,the SMS-Chat window will be opened instead.

Redirecting of Messaging to Vito SMS-Chat : You need to use a registry editor to perform this action. Please take note where you install the SMS-CHAT Application.

Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSINBOX

Device : in the string "1" write "\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

My Storage : in the string "1" write "\My Storage\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

Storage Card : in the string "1" write "\Storage Card\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

Please soft reset the Device after you have changed the registry.

Default string 1 is tmail.exe

Tweak for SPB Mobile Shell 3

You can tweak the SPB Mobile Shell so that when you press the SMS and it will link it to the VITO SMS chat

Go to HKLM\Software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Menu\Root\Messaging
Change the String in Text to the following depending on where you install the SMSChat into.

Device : in the string write "\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

My Storage : in the string write "\My Storage\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

Storage Card : in the string write "\Storage Card\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

Please soft reset the Device after you have changed the registry.

Default String is Messaging

Now you don't need to map any hardkey for SMS-Chat because whenever you tap the messaging it then links you to SMS-Chat.

Note : If you have outlook setup or any email account in default messaging ( I never get my email access that way.) and don't want to use any standalone app for organizing and managing your email box instead,then not do this way otherwise you can't open your email causing default messaging has been closed,so not available there for you to access.

One more thing,when you edit the string please do not forget to put quotation mark (") at the start and in the end of that string.

Tested on my Omnia, QBus Rom-WM6.1 and works like a charm.

or

Here are cab installers to help everyone use SMS-Chat as default messaging without doing any reg hack above. The cabs do it for you.

Notes : The zip includes 2 cab files extension :

- MSINBOX to Vito SMS-Chat : install this to set yr sms-chat as default messaging.

- MSINBOX to TMAIL : have this installed if you want to go back to default messaging.

* Soft reset after installation.

SMS-Chat as default messaging.cab

or

Quote:
resco contact manager working well for me, can i make the resco sms inbox as my default messaging?
Yep, you can. If you want to use the Sms program from Resco Contact Manager as the default, or even with the contacts program for Resco contact manager as well, then here's the Key you need to change:

Using registry editor to change these strings :

1. Set sms program of Resco contact manager as default :

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>:MSINBOX. Change key labeled 1 to :RPhoneMan-sms

2. set contacts program from Resco Contact Manager as default :

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>:MSCONTACTS. Change key labeled 1 to :RPMContacts

Resco Contact Manager 2.02

Hope this helps!!!!!!

For more SMS-Chat product information see post#3 or visit the company site at:

Code:
http://vitotechnology.com/threaded-sms-messaging.html

For more SMS-Chat product information visit the company site at:
Code:
http://vitotechnology.com/threaded-sms-messaging.html

For more Resco product information visit the company site at:

Code:
Resco Contact  Manager 2.02
http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/contactmanager/
Resco Registry Addin
http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/
Attached Files
File Type: zip SMS-Chat as default messaging.zip (2.1 KB, 60 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Mr. X; 03-24-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Removed warez
This post has been thanked 10 times.