View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 03:50 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Simple Battery tweak if not running well

My battery drain is extremely good and often I can go two days no problem. My wife’s TP2 does too. I get around 50ma Idle back light on (30%) and around 15ma with back light off.

Suddenly it started draining quickly. By 1PM it was at 60%.

Finally I did a simple trick that seems to have worked for many phones.

If you flash or remove battery when it's NOT full I believe it loses track on what a full battery is and doesn't fully charge.

This assumes you have a good ROM and don't do silly battery piggy things.

Let it charge over night.

Take out the battery wait a few seconds, put it back and charge again (at least a couple hours). Don't use it during this period. Let it fully top off.

Sometimes it will go green in just a few minutes which means it was probably fine.

Other times it will charge for like 1/2 ht to hr more and it will properly fully charge.

Now 2PM I'm still at 100%. It's done that now 3 days in row and I didn't change anything else.

This is much easier on the battery than a full "discharge" which some people do and I think accomplishes the same thing.

Try it.

Again this assumes you have normal discharge rates. If those are too high you need to focus on those first.