View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Pooh434
Lurker

Pooh434 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Tethering not working after Sprint 6.5 install. Help!!!

Installed the Sprint Stock 6.5 ROM (upgrading from Stock 6.1 ROM) and I have 2 issues. (1) I was able to USB tether via ICS and WModem Fix cab and wifi tether via HTC WifiSharing cab before (no registry edits) with no problem. After installing the update, I cannot tether with either. I don't want to use PdaNet because I've read it is not as consistent as the cabs. I live in a rural area where broadband is almost non-existent and was excited that the cab worked on 6.1. The ICS cab downloads and creates a Sprint option, but the PC will not connect to the network. After clicking connect, the status changes to "check usb cable" and just stays there. Nothing is wrong with the cable, because Active Sync works fine. I installed Mr. X Tethering Tracking Hotfix cab, and it didn't help. I installed Calkulin's Tethering Hotfix cab, and it didn't work either. I even downloaded Merlin (Marlin) registry editor & attempted my first registry edit following Boo Boo's instructions, and that didn't work. Someone please tell me what the problem could be. And, no, I don't get the 67 error. I have an active data connection, but the tethering just won't work. Should I reflash the 6.5 ROM to clear the cabs and registry edits (remove programs doesn't remove some of these cabs)?

(2) Problem on 6.1 and now 6.5. Seems I have a ghost text message. My Inbox folder path is showing 1 unread text message, though, there isn't one. Against my own will, I even cleared out my text folder (in, out, draft, sent & deleted), and it still shows. Any suggestions on this as well? Besides those two issues, I like the 6.5 update.

Sprint TouchPro2 (stock 6.5)