View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 09:17 AM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Uh - you buy a $300 phone but you're not wealthy... ok.

I get that verizon has icky data plans - I also understand they used to have usage caps even at the $40/mo price point.

Anyway, my point was doing an ESN change to avoid paying the rate your carrier charges based on device is pretty much the kind of fraud the carriers were trying to stop by having ESNs.

Hm... just checking vz's site, and they seem to have a bundled voice/data plan with 'unlimited data' for $80 total. Also, oddly enough, they consider all PDAs 'business' devices - which would also explain the higher charges.

I'd try to go with sprint - with the free roaming, you'd end up using verizon's towers at sprint prices without doing anything illegal.