View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 08:01 PM
youngnick09
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

youngnick09 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help: Phone is acting like there are headphones plugged in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
It sounds like you may have a defective headphone jack. I'm sorry, but if this is the case, you're kinda screwed. I had this happen to two PPC-6700s. The problem is that there is a switch within the jack that gets stuck. If you're willing to, there are a couple things you might try to do.

First, shine a very bright light within the jack to see if there is anything foreign in there or if you can see anything bent. If so, use a sewing needle and try to remove/bend-back accordingly.

Another thing to try is this: remove battery. Wrap an alcohol pad once or twice around a 3.5mm plug and insert the same into the jack. Once it is in the hole, move it all around ... spinning it, pull it in & out (That's what she said.) Do this for about 15-20 seconds. Let it dry completely (5 minutes), then put the battery back in & reboot and try it out.

A defective jack sucks. Hopefully that's not your problem.

Good luck...
Ok thanks, I'll try those out. If they do not seem to resolve the issue, would HTC take the phone in to fix or replace? I'm not sure if it is covered in the warranty.