jdmm72
Lurker

jdmm72 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 on Alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKnight View Post
that is true, you can have a Alltel Device of Verizon plan (however difficulties can arise with monthly plan), however I still have out Family Plan on a mixed Verizon/ Alltel Plan. I dont know the exact details on how they did it, however We have a Moto Droid, 2 HTC Droid Eris's, an Alltel Scoop, and my HTC Touch Pro 2 all on an Alltel 1400 Minute Plan with unlimited Messaging. I also was told by a Rep when I was in the store paying my bill, that there are a few Alltel Branded Touch Pro2's roaming the country. I don't know if he was actually telling the truth or just talking to hear himself sound knowledgeable.
According to everyone I've talked to, you CANNOT have a Alltel Device on a "Verizon" plan. You can have a Verizon device on an Alltel plan. I have went round and round with Verizon, including BBB, FCC and lawsuits, and this is their stance. They will NOT allow a Alltel device on a Verizon plan, but they will allow a Verizon device on an Alltel plan, ie, you can use a Droid/TP2/Eris on a grandfathered Alltel Plan.