View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 12:42 PM
theguyver
Lurker

theguyver is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Help flashing phone (don't know what else to try)

I'd like to ask for your help installing a new rom to my TP2. So far I haven't been able to get anywhere.

After months of being unhappy with my phone I decided to try a rom. Since I'm very new to this whole rom flashing thing, I'll try to be as clear as possible.

My phone: HTC Touch Pro2 / Sprint / Factory Settings

I know that HTC just came out with a rom for Sprint, but given their track record I'd like to try another option to compare it to.

When I press VolDown + Pwr + Reset I get the red/green/blue/white screen with the following info:

RHOD400 32m SS-BC
SPL-0.63.0000
MicroP(LED) 0x0A
MicroP(KEY) 0x04
TURBO HW/TURBO SW
TP MFG DATA
(bunch of numbers)
Calibrated
Serial

Here's what I've tried so far:

---------------
I downloaded the MightyROM_RhodiumW_WAR_022610.exe, connected to ActiveSync no problem, no antivirus nor firewall on, ran the executable, it verified the phone information, it says my image version is 1.21.651.3, I click update, my phone goes into the red/green/blue/white screen (only difference is that it says USB instead of Serial), then the phone goes into a grey screen with a progress bar at 0%.

The problem is that it stays at 0% for about 10mins until the installer (on the PC) gives up and tells me to remove the battery and put it back. I do this and the phone goes back to normal.

I tried other roms but got the same result.
---------------
After that I tried the RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3.exe, clicked on Flash hard-SPL (Automatic flash), and I get the message "Server appears to be down, try again in 5 minutes; or try turning your firewall OFF temporarily"
---------------
After that I tried RhodiumWUnlocker.exe, clicked Flash Hard-SPL, the phone installs enableRapi.cab without a problem, but then I get the message "Please make sure the radio on the phone is turned on and device is properly synced; Please retry or try resetting the phone"
---------------

I tried these at home (Win 7 x64) and at work (Win XP x32) but got the same results.

What do you think might be happening?

Thanks in advance!