View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:56 PM
MrGoodCat
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
theming, rooting and nexus

does the nexus require root access to theme the os? i guess this is more of a general android question, but i am not sure. say i wanted to change the color of the taskbar from that "light gray" to "glass blue" or change the color of the on screen keyboard...do mods like this require me to root the phone?

also, is it a possibility some day that the bootloader could be relocked? or is it simply out of the question and will never be accomplished?

i ask all this because i will most likely be paying retail for my nexus and am not quite sure i'd be willing to risk rooting and voiding my warranty. however i have never had any problems with my phones, so i could always take a chance. but now i probably just jinxed myself...sigh

one last thing. would i be able to get asurion insurance for the nexus through verizon like i had for my tp2?

sorry for all the questions, but just wanna know what i am getting into when i get the phone