View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Rational Dreamer
Lurker

Rational Dreamer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry TP2 Dialer, yes, others have posted, problem still here!

So, first, let me get on my soapbox just in case someone from sprint or HTC reads the posts around here One should not have to pay for a substitute application, deal with the hazle of the poorly informed employees claiming that whatever is wrong with your phone is caused by a program that fixes what should not have been broken in the first place, and then, hear how one should upgrade and that would solve everything!! I was happy with my Apache!

End of speech... so, if I turn off the skin (using Advanced Configuration tool V 3.3 -incidentally, the problem with answering calls in CDMA phones goes away if you uninstall it after you change whatever you desire and it does stay changed.) on the dialer then I loose the ability to tap on a contact to dial or message.
What I want is to not have any numbers ready to dial (when I delete the call history, the phone switches to showing the speed dials) on the screen. Essentially, what I want is what I had in the Apache, dial separate from call history. Ideally, I would want a button to activate the record a call feature before dialing but I'd be very happy if I could loose the skin and keep the tap to call or message.

I imagine that there are registry edits of which I am unaware that would solve the problem and this would be an ideal solution as it is easier to hard reset than hear another moron tell me that the problem isn't a broken key -all evidence to the contrary; the paint had worn off- but non-sprint non-Microsoft programs. Yes, I am aware that this is exactly what was wrong with the A.C.T.; However, the broken key was the scroll up/scroll down on the side of my Apache. The call answering was a sometimes problem with the Apache. It wasn't until I got the TP2 that it became an all the time issue.

Sorry the message is so long; I've been holding it for a while