View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:06 PM
cohowap
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Understanding what WP7 is and the true pros/cons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxKevin View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about my next device, my contract ends Jan 01 every year and since I'm alone, that is always my gift to myself, a new phone.

I've used WinMo, BB, Android, and WebOS. My favorite so far is WinMo 6.5.5 with Android being a close second. And with the UI not customizable, does that mean I can't get xBox and the social media stuff off of the home screen. I really have little use for them and it would be a waste of screen real estate for me. But, also, I do see a lot of neat stuff coming to light on this, and the OP stated some of them (including Silverlight)
You should be able to unpin stuff on the homescreen. I personally havn't played with an actual device, but I can't imagine that you won't be able to. There might be some restrictions at the system level hubs (like Phone, can't unpin that one I'm sure).

Worse case, we've already seen you can move them around. Just toss the stuff you don't want at the bottom and you'll be all set.