View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 12:15 PM
elephant007
domo arigato mr roboto

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3rd time flashing..Settings not showing new kernel..Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf2d View Post
no.no no. i just got my wife a moment i use a hero..I wanted to root her phone add a them things of that sort..I ran into so many qwirks I thought i was goin to give it in..between the pc never seeing the phone in recovery..to not clear the delvik cache and flashing a theme..I felt like suck a noob and I'm really not..lol
Technically speaking you are a noob because this is the first Samsung Moment phone you've worked on

I am guessing you're still having problems with this phone? If so, I have a few things for you to try...
  • Take out the battery for 20 second and put it back in
  • Do a factory reset on your phone (Vol Down + Camera + End) rest to factory
  • Reboot the phone and check to see if the phone is CL14 Cupcake
  • On your computer, remove ANYTHING related to Samsung
  • Including ALL Samsung drivers and espeically PC Studio
  • Remove Sprint Utility, after everything has been removed reboot computer
  • Install Sprint Utility only, reboot if required
  • Start the rooting process
  • If your phone isn't recognized, go to C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Driver run Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver(V5.2.0.0)_V1.2.1060.0.ms i, you might have to reboot the computer (NOTE: I'm using Windows 7, I right clicked the MSI went to PROPERTIES clicked on COMPATIBILITY tab and chose to run compatibility to previous version of Windows, this might not be required)
  • Re-restart the rooting process, making sure to follow each step the Sprint Utility prompts you to do, no shortcutting!

After all this mini-how to is done, hopefully you will have your phone rooted!
This post has been thanked 1 times.