View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Ph33zy
Regular 'Geeker

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible fix for S.O.D.

I've been plagued with the S.O.D. lately and I've noticed it has been independent of ROMs or radios. Essentially, what happens is my Manila.exe would go up to 100% and lock my TP2 up when my TP2 goes to sleep.

I've been able to revive my device occasionally by pulling my stylus or by pulling my memory card. Every time my TP2 wakes up, Manila would be frozen and Windows would attempt to close Manila and restart it.

I believe the high CPU usage is caused by the number of emails I have sitting in my Outlook. I use my TP2 for work, school, and personal mail and set my Outlook to store a month's worth of email on my device for all 3 accounts. I believe the large amount of emails in my inbox causes Manila.exe to use 100% CPU whenever Outlook checks for new mail and ultimately locks up my device whenever it went to sleep.

Once I changed my Outlook settings to store only 7 days worth of mail on all my accounts, I have yet to see Manila's CPU usage go to 100% nor have I had an S.O.D. I've only tested this for 3 days, but I'm hopeful that this is a possible fix. Anyway, if you are experiencing the S.O.D., report back after trying this fix post your results!

Last edited by Ph33zy; 03-18-2010 at 01:42 AM.