View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 12:10 PM
NRGZ28
EnergyROMs chef :)

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23544/21895 |Mar 16| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro2 (Rhodium) device.
This ROM only works on GSM devices!

I do make a CDMA version (Sprint, Verizon, Altel, etc) and that's found here!

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I also build my ROMs with four main goals.
  • Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
  • Speed !!!
  • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
  • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• The 21895 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner! I recommend you start with this first!
  • The 23544 Build that's the latest in the 6.5.5 series with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys. These builds are not as stable or perfect, but they reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. These are also much more finger friendly throughout.

Both these builds include the latest "Sense 2.5" software from HTC. Look for "Sense2.5" in the filename to download one of these builds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also make different versions of my ROM, based on current developments on xda-developers.

These days, I make a "MaxManila" version and a "Cookie Monster" version.
I would advise you go checkout the original threads for these modifications to learn how to use them in my ROM. All questions regarding these special ROMs, should be posted in the original threads. The reason I make ROMs with these modifications already in them, is simple. They run better and faster when "cooked in". Anything you install in cab format after a ROM flash, will slow down your phone compared to when it's already in the ROM. Keep in mind these mods aren't always perfect, as they're developed by regular people like you and me. Therefore, bugs will be present. Please don't complain in this thread about bugs with these mods, but rather make the original developer aware of them so they can improve them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.
It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released
as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM. To follow me on twiiter, Just click here!

ROM Downloads with Sense 2.5:

ROM Downloads with Sense 2.1:

Addons and hotfixes:

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 8 times.