View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 09:16 AM
sanjsrik
Halfway to VIP Status

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down ROM Flashing via Bluetooth, is it possible?

So, all this talk of the phantom 6.5 Sprint ROM has me thinking about it. When I first got my Sprint TP2, I tried plugging the sync/charging cable into the USB port only to be told that there is not enough juice trickling from my USB to the device to charge it. So, I have it plugged directly into the mains and am using activestink over a Bluetooth connection.

Is this an acceptable way to flash? Usually the flash files are quite large and states in the instructions that you should be connected to the PC via a USB connection. But, if the device doesn't get enough power that way, it could shut off during flashing.

What are the options for flashing a device if you can't connect via USB the the computer?

Please and thank you for any help/suggestions.

[[ANSWER FOUND VIA SEARCH]]

Okay, did some further investigatin' (took all of about 5 minutes, thought I'd done a good search but not thorough enough I guess). For anyone looking for this answer, found a tutorial that may help:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375

Last edited by sanjsrik; 03-17-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Answer found