View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Biker1
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond Worms Are Known as "Garbled Screen"

By now, everyone is aware of the Screen issue on the Diamond as well as other Touch Devices. You know, the Rectangular defect that looks like Worms, or Oil on Water. I have already had a Diamond with the issue. It started out as a small rectangle in the Center of the Touch Screen, which eventually became larger, until the Touch Screen completely failed.
My present Diamond showed the beginning signs of this problem, so I brought it into Sprint to take advantage of my TEP. The Manager knew of the issue but the Cust. Rep in the store did not. The Manager told him to look at the Reason Drop Down Menu and check the box that says "Garbled Screen."
I don't know how long that tic box has been available as a reason code, but it's good that Sprint Officially acknowledges the problem.
Now when the problem presents itself, instead of saying Worms, or Oil on Water, I could tell Sprint I have a Garbled Screen,
For what it's worth, I was told that the HTC Pro2 has not had these issues, meaning Sprint has fixed the problem. I wonder what the fix was??
I do know that other touch screens have had similar issues, regarding the touch screen layers separating.
With that being said, I wish Sprint would come out with a new WinMo device already, because I cannot activate the other High End devices without changing my plan (although there are none that I would buy anyway,) which is Completely Bogus..........But that topic is for another thread
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
This post has been thanked 1 times.