View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Existentialism
Regular 'Geeker

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sooo anyone still left in excitement over WM7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Did you flash your TP and TP2 though? It seems to me that all the WM phones sucked at launch but got better through customization. Why not afford WP7 that same chance? Don't get me wrong, they have to significantly stand out for me not to jump ship but clearly some mods are in order to make it an worthwhile investment.
This is precisely the kind of thing WP7 is out to kill. Our ability to customize our phones to the degree we want them because god forbid dumbass iPhone users do something to slow down their phone and whine and bitch about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdbryant3 View Post
Sadly - the Apple mentality has sucked out all interest I had in the WP7S.

I can understand the stance on multitasking and even get why they want to eliminate sideloading (granted I don't like it but I could probably get over it). Things like no MicroSD cards or no access to the file system are deal breakers for me though.

My next phone will either be Android or another Win 6.x phone if they keep supporting and releasing new devices like they say they will.

It is really frustrating they feel they have to "dumb" down a "consumer" phone to give a really great experience.

What's so frustrating about it is that there is no real reason to do this. All they had to is build it this way by default, then add a little section in the settings that enables advanced functionality and turns off the stupid locks for advanced users. Put a little disclaimer in there stating that messing with that stuff may affect the experience and performance of your phone, then a few on off switches. Enable file system access, enable skinning of OS, enable changing of deafult apps, enable sideloading of apps, enable multi-tasking, enable copy and paste. Then allow memory card slots, because there is NO reason not to allow them whatsoever and maybe a downloadable WM6.5 emulator app like XP Mode for windows 7 and you now have the greatest mobile operating system of all time, BY FAR.