View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 PM
MrGoodCat
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: should i upgrade from tp2?

yes you should! hahaha

i have not personally held one or played with one, but just watching videos online made me jealous. i have a friend in the bay who got one for t-mobile and he has mixed feelings about it, but he came from a non touch screen phone. so most of his complaints are not the phones fault but simply him adapting to the new standard. but in all he says he loves it and is getting used to it.

personally a few reasons i am switching are that one i want a slimmer phone. trying to put the tp2 in my pocket was a joke, it felt like a brick in there. at the same time that was the keyboards fault. i also found myself using the physical keyboard less and less due to the screen being so large that the onscreen keyboard was not all that bad. two, i also grew tired of winmo, it can be great, but at the end of the day...well that was the problem, there was no end of the day, constantly modding/flashing/reformatting/recovering was getting old. with android i could be happy with it stock (however i am sure i will mod it too). and finally the android marketplace, so many useful apps that i can not wait to use!

so now i am patiently waiting its release. i think it will be a great phone that will last me awhile, at least to when wp7 has been out for a little bit, then i may switch back to that

EDIT: not sure about your tastes but the htc incredible will be out soon too. it has sense ui, an 8mp camera, at its snapdragon is underclocked to 700 something mhz, which will provide better battery life, and i am sure it can be overclocked (brought back to standard) when rooted. however i think the phone is hideous, at least from the leaks i have seen, but thats just me, could be a great phone for people who like its looks

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 03-15-2010 at 08:15 PM.