Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 PM
DBLSVT
Lurker

DBLSVT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Palm Threaded SMS Error "The contents of this message cannot be displayed"

Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this or even a solution. When receiving text messages with Palm Threaded SMS the body of the text message shows "The contents of this message cannot be displayed"

Here is the situation:

- Using a Bell HTC 6800 (WM6)

- Downloaded and installed Palm Threaded SMS shown in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...eaded+sms+palm

- Outgoing SMS works fine.

- Incoming SMS from other HTC 6800 works fine, including those not using threaded SMS.

- Incoming SMS from BlackBerry devices, website or emailing to the device's email address comes into the device with the body of the text replaced with "The contents of this message cannot be displayed"

- Incoming SMS from other Bell cellphones worked fine.

- Incoming SMS from other GSM provides did not work either. They all displayed "The contents of this message cannot be displayed" in the text message body.

What I've done to research:

- I had trouble finding this but where I did I did not find a solution.

- One thread I read suggested replacing the SMS_Providers.dll file with one from WM5 device. I am unable to copy this file or find one online.

- One thread suggested I rename SMS_Providers.dll with HTC_SMS_Providers.dll however this was not successful.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks all!