View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 02:03 PM
patrickgies
PPCGeeks Regular

patrickgies is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to patrickgies Send a message via MSN to patrickgies Send a message via Yahoo to patrickgies
Re: Alltel Plan VS Droid

Well, i tried this a bit ago, bought a Droid off of ebay and tried several different ways to get onto alltel. I have two people that work pretty close with me and they work at alltel as well and they say it can be done, just that there is one setting that they don't know how to fix. And that is the internet. They say that the internet will work, but it keeps pulling off of verizon and that it will rack up a huge huge bill on either their end, Alltel store?? or my end. They weren't sure, either way they didnt do it for me.

I then called up the Alltel Customer support and talked with a lady and she basically lied to me and i caught her in her own lie. The first part was about how to get a droid activated on my alltel account, she put me on hold and came back and said sorry there is no way we can do that. Which i said to her the news i heard from other techs and the fact that i read it on other forums. She fumbled around for the right words and finally came out and said, this could be because of the merger. Well, she didn't know for sure, so i gave her that one.

Then i asked her how come other places said this and that and the other thing and she goes, well there would be no way we can get it programmed on our network because of the fact that the droid is a different type of phone and they don't have any phones close to that. Which ok i will give her that one, she said if it was a blackberry or an HTC or something like that that they already have on their network, it wouldn't be an issue.

So then i told her that i just want the Droid to be on her network, i told her i know that the SMS and internet won't work 100 percent of the time. She goes yes we understand that as well, we know that the internet and SMS sometimes doesn't work when the droid is on our network. Thats when i called her out, i asked her, what do you mean it doesn't work 100 percent of the time on your network. I though you didnt have any way to get them on. And then she really started dodging the bullets and making things up. Stating that she was told when they were testing it on our network that there was issues. Again i asked her, how did they test it if you had no way to program it on the network. She goes, well we had ways around that so we could test it. I explained to her that i already know ways around it, i just want my ESN number to be activated on my account, she then said there is no way and hung up on me.

SOOO, after this long story, that really doesn't matter or anything, there is ways around to get it to work, just depends on how and who you talk to. Some legal issues are out there, which makes sense and some issues are just lazy or ignorant customer service reps.

I, myself, with a little bit of goofing around and not really knowing what I was doing, i got the droid to call alltel towers and alltel customer support. did a hard reset on the phone and it went back to verizon. So i knew a little bit, but when i tried changing the internet settings it wasn't sticking at all.

So this being said, i would think it is possible, just need a lot more people working on it.
HTC 6800 x 6
HTC Touch Pro

MightyRom 4.12 - Thanks Mike