richc3
N00b

richc3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ebay and my tp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
If you do decide to go through ebay, MAKE 100% SURE that the person that buys it has a CONFIRMED address on Paypal. Also, make sure however you ship, you get a tracking number and delivery confirmation and HOLD ON to them in case the buyer tries to scam you. If they do a chargeback, Paypal will put a hold on those funds and if they have a confirmed address, all you have to do is supply Paypal with the tracking number and delivery confirmation, and the hold will be lifted.

This happened to me once. I've always put in my ebay listings that any buyers that do not have a confirmed address shouldn't bother bidding because I will not honor their winning bid.

So again,
Make sure buyer has a confirmed address on paypal,
Get tracking number and delivery confirmation
Hold onto the receipts!

I printed my shipping label online using UPS so that way i won't lose the tracking info

Well you can still lose even if you have delivery confirmation. Essentially the buyer says "item not as described" and that they'll ship the item back.

For all you know, they shipped you a box with a brick in it. You sign for it, they have YOU on file now (confirmation / tracking) and you lose your case with Paypal. Scammer wins.