View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 10:34 AM
drnick5
PPCGeeks Regular

drnick5 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dropped Touch Pro 2 in small puddle... help!

Hello, my Touch pro 2 slipped out of my hands and fell into a small puddle yesterday (it was raining sorta hard..) I picked it up and tried it off immediately, and the phone still worked perfectly fine. I thought I had gotten lucky. well a few hours later when I went to send a text, they keyboard starts spazzing out (sort of like my original touch pro did) when I press 1 letter, a bunch of other random letters will press, and the "A" key gets stuck..... (I'll have to reboot the phone to get it to stop) also the volume key seems to occasionally get stuck in the "up" position (that is, the screen shows the volume screen, and if the setting was on anything but full volume it will turn it up until it a max volume... the only way to sop this is to press the "end" key on the phone, and it will go back to the main screen.)

as of right now, I the phone is in a semi working state.. the touch screen works, I can dial and receive calls, and send/receive texts read emails, etc. but f I open the keyboard and press something, all hell breaks loose.

Any thoughts on what I can do? think it might go away over time or am I totally screwed at this point?

I was running the latest mighty rom when this happen, I tried flashing back to stock and clearing storage but i still have the same problems. I also took the phone completely apart and left it in a bag of rice overnight (to hopefully absorb any moisture left in the phone) turned it on this morning with the same issues....

any other ideas? I REALLY don't wanna spend the 100 deductible for insurance because as soon as Sprint releases ANYTHING better then this thing, I'll be upgrading. (I with the upcoming supersonic had a keyboard..The Samsung Moment interests me if it ever gets the Android 2.1 upgrade...but I don't wanna waste my upgrade on a phone thats been out for a while... ugh, why does sprint torture us?!)

Thanks in advance for any help
-Nick

Last edited by drnick5; 03-14-2010 at 10:40 AM.