View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 03:16 AM
tx_dbs_tx
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: pro 2 for palm pre?

I have a Pre as well as the TP2. The Pre is awesome OS and a multitasking king. The first advice i will give you is to NOT do an even trade your like new TP2 for a Pre. Right now the like new Pre's sell on Craigslist for 200 to 250 bucks. The like new TP2's sell for a solid 275 to 300 all day. Therefore just sel your extra TP2 and find a good buy on a like new Pre and make sure it's not a refurbished phone unless you don't mind it.
Back to the Pre... The only bad things i can say about it is the battery life is pretty bad, the slider build quality is poor, tiny buttons on keyboard but you get used to it quickly. The app store is growing very fast and there are some nice quality apps. Palm has been very good about getting the updates out in a very timely manner and now the WebOS 1.4 brings full flash support to the already awesome web browser!!! Adobe Flash 10.1!!! Games for the pre are on par with the iPhone if not better actually. I would definetely recommend the Palm Pre especially since you can pick one up fairly cheap nowdays on Craigslist or even on contract through Sprint or Best Buy.

Oh by the way you can theme the Pre to your own liking and it's actually much easier than manila theming with the Touch Pro 2. You can install a developer created app called PreWare and download custom patches,themes,apps, etc... it's really cool.
Post back and let us know what you decided.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 03-14-2010 at 03:21 AM.