View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 PM
zim2323
Regular 'Geeker

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TMobile HD2 ... carrier thoughts?

Hi!

I was talking to a TMobile rep yesterday about the HD2 coming out next week. Evidently Sprint broke contract by changing something on us and we can break our contract with Sprint for free. Obviously they aren't going to tell anyone they don't have to, but curious if anybody else has done this. The rep has helped several get out of their contracts.

I have a few questions:

1) For those of you on TMobile, how is the service compared to others you have been on? Happy with what you have?

2) Would you leave your current carrier to goto TMobile for the HD2?

3) I am currently on Sprint and have always been on a CDMA carrier. I've always had horrible Internet speeds but wasn't sure if it was phone speed or actually bandwidth issues. My TP2 was crawling next to the Nexus One with the faster processor. Again, not sure if it's processor or bandwidth as an issue. So, has anybody left or come back to Sprint/Verizon from TMobile, what are your thoughts?

EDIT*** 4) I use Google Voice. Can I include it as a number to call for free on either a contract or non contract plan?

I am seriously contemplating leaving Sprint for TMobile for the $10 higher plan to be able to get the HD2. They had a demo model they showed me and the size and thinness of the phone is extremely tempting.

According to the rep, the deadline for the Sprint contract break is March 19th. Not sure on that, but haven't been able to find any info yet. From what I understand the TMobile is a month-to-month, so I could actually go somewhere else if it really wasn't what I wanted with no risk.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by zim2323; 03-13-2010 at 01:48 PM.