View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 01:25 PM
slipstreamv2
Lurker

slipstreamv2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Search for the best hard silicone/rubber , plastic , or skin case...

Ok, I've been searching all over, have a few contenders and wanted thoughts from people who have actually purchased these cases (other please feel free to contribute ). I definitely don't want the old-style silicone cases that are thick (adds too much bulk) and jellylike (only because I bought an ebay one for my Treo 700p and it attracted lint like crazy). I feel like the Invisishield would protect from scratches and scuffs, but not from a drop (please correct me if wrong), which is my mail reason for the case.

What I'd like in a case:
- protection from drops
- relatively thin, depending on cost
- access to buttons and all of screen unobstructed
- no issues with keyboard or sliding
- good balance between thickness and protection

1. Seido Innocase. $33 shipped. Also avail on ebay from a auth. reseller (not personally verified yet) for $28. Though for the $5 diff, I might buy direct from seido, I hear they have great customer service. Great reviews, extremely thin (1mm?). Only problem is I'm a tinkerer and in this post someone mentions that if you take the case on and off too many times, the tabs will break off. If I can find a decent case for $10 that will do they same, I'd rather buy and go through 3 of them.

2. Soft Silicone case (CDMA). Sold by e-story on ebay. $12. In this thread, tvandyck7 recommended it, except that when he purchased, it was only avail. for GSM models, which fit loose on his CDMA phone. Another thread with positive reviews. Maybe this will provide shock protection of rubber while maintaining relative thinness of hard cases?

3. Rubberized hard case. Sold by gizmoready on ebay. $9. Hard plastic with rubberized coating. In this post, sbrown2680 gives a good review, says it fits perfectly with no obstructions and no rear belt clip "bump". He seems to compare with seido case, but I can't tell from his or ebay description whether it allows the keyboard to slide.

At this point, I'll leaning towards #2. Anyone have any thoughts their choice between these (or other better ones)? If anyone has tried both the Seido on and #2 ebay one, I'd love to hear from them.

Thanks.

Last edited by slipstreamv2; 03-13-2010 at 01:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.