View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:06 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Okay guys I have been struggling with this for about 8 hours and a few people seem to be experiencing this but nobody has found a fix so I am calling upon the start of a thread to help me. How in the hell do I sync my facebook profiles with my contacts???? I can sync them no problem. My question is why and is there a fix for when they call the caller ID is not their facebook profile pictures. I will be lucky to even get a picture...most of them are still OEM avatar pics...some are old pics I had saved to the contacts Mooooonths ago. So is there a fix for this?? Someone mentioned doing my contact card before putting my contacts in. Anyone know of any more tricks that might get this done???
If you want facebook pic to show on caller id, you need to use a leo dialer. If you use another dialer, it just shows the picture stored with the contact (like what you would see using Outlook on your PC). I don't know about the dialers from rhodium/topaz sense 2.5.201x. I'd imagine they would work, but can't test as no vga-port has been created. In sense 2.5, it displays updated pictures from facebook, but doesn't replace them in the contact (like it did in sense 2.1). If I view my contact on my phone, it has a recent FB picture. If I sync to outlook, it has an old FB pic for the same contact that was from when I was running manila 2.1.
This post has been thanked 1 times.