View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 12:06 PM
youngpro83
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjoker View Post
Try this:

HKCU-Software-People-[FBUpdating]=1 not 0

This problem seem to start when a versino of minilla stopped including the 2 checkboxes on what to sync with facebook. The version that included sync contact picture and sync data it worked perfect in. I dont know what version included it either its been a while. But I have fixed it in mine ill see if there was another change i did also.

Usually when i have a fresh flash i input my facebook sync before putting my contacts on th phone then put my contact on the phone then softreset and they sync back up.
Oooh yes I will definitely give this a try. I love regedits. They are usually the solution to many things. I will try this and see what happens. Mine isnt even updating. I did everything last night and today everything was the same. I even have mine set up to update every 2 hours and it doesnt. I have to manually update it. I will give this regedit a go and hope that it fixes my issues. Thanks given.

Edit: for those who are going to try this regedit there is one missing...its HKCU-SOFTWARE-(HTC)-PEOPLE
it was set to 0 on updating and linking so I just set both to 1. Hopefully that will cure the issue. Seems logical so I will see what happens.

Edit2: Okay so I did the regedit but then after a soft reset it reverts back to 0 so not sure what else to do. I even tried deleting it and then after a softreset I was going to create it again but after the soft reset it always already there set to 0. This is getting frustrating. I guess the only real way to resolve it is to go back to 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
I think you guys are missing the point. MightyROM WAR is doing this. You can link up the profiles no problem, the pics show on their contact card just fine. If you hit All People it even shows their status and FB picture. If you add them to your favorite people tab it even updates their photo as the person changes their profile pic. But when they call your phone the dialer does not show the FB picture.

I'm guessing it is the dialer that is being used in these ROMS.
This could also very well be the problem. I mentioned it in the War thread as well and someone said they would test it today and see if they can duplicate it. Hopefully and more than likely it will since it seems that Almost everyone has encountered this and nobody really has a solid solution. Thanks given for the suggestion.

Last edited by youngpro83; 03-12-2010 at 01:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.