View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 04:55 AM
notanerd1411
PPCGeeks Regular

notanerd1411 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows phone7 call of duty Xbox live play on phone against Xbox players

Yeah most that stuff is about XNA studio 4.0 which is what is used to create Xbox live arcade games... which themselves are great.. but need no where near the hardware requirements of the games like call of duty that you pay 60$ for... Now there are even more games coming to phones that look amazing. such as Epic studios (gears of war) porting their unreal engine to Iphone. and I am sure that epic has already done that for windows phone 7 as well... but the idea of playing really elaborate first person shooters on xbox live against other people playing on actual xboxs is just not a good idea for a few reasons the first being that there is no pausing an online match to take a phone call, so people on consoles are just going to rack in the kills when ur signal drops or anything causes you to not pay attention...Also I dont know how much time some people spend online playing games like call of duty or any games really, but you can tell when your opponets connection is not up to par... and you definately know when your connections slows..

I really think that this is a great thing for the XNA community, which already has a large collection of community made content and indie games. Not to mention the great games already on XBLA.. I just think that is where it ends... Call of duty, gears of war, every major online game you play would be next to unplayable when frame rates and lag come into play....