View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 01:30 PM
msh441
PPCGeeks Regular

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
Re: Reader Tab as a stand alone cab - FIXED - thanks to Jmart518

Thanks Keith, This version worked fine for me on Verizon's WinMo 6.5 with Sense 2.1. After intalling and playing with it for a while, I pretty much decided to uninstall for the following reasons:

-It pretty basic. Doesn't appear to allow for any adjustments with regards to the display, font, background, line and margin spacing, etc. (basics for mose e-readers).

-It's a huge storage memory hog. It will not allow you to install the program to a storage card, even if selected during the install process. I was able to move the included books to a storage card, delete from main memory and re-index. What remained of the program however sucked up a full 4% of mt TP2's 252.4MB of Storage memory (again, AFTER moving books to the SD card and deleting from main memory). So for some reason, this simplistic reader sucks up close to 10MB of space, NOT INCLUDING BOOKS!?! CRAZY!.

Now, if someone has found a way to trim it down to a reasonable size, I might be interested. But 10MB just to match the Sense skin just won't do.