ac0x
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ac0x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Storage space still missing after uninstalls

Quote:
not sure what the issue is because i do the same thing and my storage space goes back to before i installed an app/game! so ur best bet is to check for "hidden" file thru file explorer and delete it... on the phone u can use Total Commander...
For sure some programs do - but some for sure DON'T. Which leads me to believe files are "hiding" some place. And yes I do have the option to "show all files" set in Explorer (I use Total Commander anyway)

Quote:
Try memmaid and it may help clean up some of the stuff. It's a pay app but you get 14 day free trial. You can click different items for it to clean up a lot of garbage that's just hanging around on the phone.
I may take a look at that. I just don't like "memory cleaners" in general (although I do understand the need for them) because it just reminds me too much of Windows 3.x I've found they don't clean up enough memory to be useful unless you let them reset Manilla, and at that point you just might as well soft reset the thing. But if this program will let me clean up storage space too it might be useful to me,

Thanks!