Old 03-09-2010, 06:31 PM
skyj635
Lurker

skyj635 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to skyj635
Re: Problems after rooting/custom kernel

I rooted my phone yesterday with zefie's ZE14.3 which is just one down from his lastest(ZE14.4) last I checked and still have the lines on the screen problem so the update to fix that probably hasn't come out yet. Very minor problem for me though. Guess Rain is right when he said that it is just a minor trade off for using the kernel.

As far as the airplane mode problem, I've read countless forums on the problem and I think I got a pretty good handle on what is causing it too. I don't think it is an app that is actually causing the problem per say but certain apps trigger the bug more often. From what I've been able to piece together from everything I've read about others having the problem and my own experience with it, the cause of the problem is actually wifi. I know it sucks to hear, especially if I'm right, since it sounds like that's a feature you use often but if you disable wifi and leave it off, i'm about 95% sure you won't see the airplane mode problem again. Apps that control wifi like wifi toggle widgets somehow make the problem happen more often. I have a hunch, and this is purely speculation at this point, that the airplane mode problem is closely tied to the "3G data connection" problem which would tie all of it to android 1.5/samsung moment from what I've read. I am looking for a fix just kinda as a hobby but I wouldn't try anything unless you know how to JTAG your phone. Updating radio drivers is a sure fire way to brick your phone, this I know from experience. Rumor has it that the fix for all the radio issues will be in the Sprint 2.1 release. Rumor also has it that this will be dropping soon but I wouldn't rush Sprint too much. The problems we have with the current kernel are probably because it was rushed and I'd rather them get it right than get out fast.

I do not have lag while gaming for the most part. I play retro games on emulators, snes-genesis-nes-stuff like that, and I only see lag when something else happens while I'm playing. Like a message comes through and the notification interrupts the audio. I'll notice some video slow down but not for long.

Tried to post this book from my phone and the site booted me out before I could reply, lol. I love my droid.

Last edited by skyj635; 03-09-2010 at 11:53 PM.