View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Tilde88
Regular 'Geeker

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Attn Cooks! USB to PC stack bug found in any ROM i try.

So on literally every ROM ive flashed the USB to PC popup gets killed, this includes Energy, Mighty, JD, Mr.X, RSTG, SSS... (These are my ROMs of choice). I cannot tell exactly what makes it happen, but I go through the same procedure on all new flashes. Install Resco Exp+ Registry editor... Enalble window scaling with tcptune. go into registry and modify enable all DCHP and edit all tcp window values. thats it... oh and power saving...
sometimes it immediately kills the popup... other times not... other times flashing a different radio kills it....
my workaround is either a hard reset, or, plug usb into phone, unplug, replug and itll come back for that instance... or leave the phone unplugged, and start internet sharing, connect, then plug in (doesnt always work)
i know for sure it is the popup, because if it doesnt come up i get a USB device not recognized. and yes ive changed the activesync settings, reinstalled a new version of ICS, im telling you its the stack.. is every1 using the same one??
on the TP1 i had this same prob with one of Technology1 releases, had him change the stack and its fine.
Stock rom does it also but i have to force it to happen (Sprint)
Your welcome