View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:38 PM
splautz
Lurker

splautz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Intrepid WiFi problems

I have the Sprint Intrepid with WiFiRouter installed. It works great sometimes, but other times it has issues. There seems to be two problems which probably has nothing to do with WiFiRouter ifself:

1) Every now and then, the phone seems to loose all wifi abilities. It will start by dropping the wifi connection. When I bring up Wi-Fi Manager, Wi-Fi is missing. I'm unable to turn wifi off or on because it's just not there. So restarting WiFiRouter does no good. When I do, the 3G-WiFi button is no longer on the screen to select. The only way to get the phone (or WinMo) to recognize that my phone has wifi again, is to reboot.

2) At times, the WiFi connection will drop and sometimes it will automatically reconnect and other times I have to quit 3G-WiFi or restart WifiRouter entirely to get it to reconnect. Sometimes just selecting connect again on my laptop does the job. This can go on for 15 min or more and then work flawlessly for hours. So I'm unsure if this is just a compatibility issue with my laptop's wireless adaptor or with the phone. But it's annoying because 3G-bluetooth in WifiRouter works flawlessly all the time and is very stable.

Can anyone else relate to the issues above? If not, I might contact Samsung and try to get a replacement sometime before the warranty is up. But I feel this could be a design flaw.. One can really only see the issues if they use wifirouter a lot. I'm not even sure if this wifirouter specific (it likely isn't, especially problem #1). I just hope a phone firmware fix will correct it.