Thread: Moment Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 10:40 AM
elephant007
domo arigato mr roboto

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Moment Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj635 View Post
After using my moment for about a month, I've run into a few problems that I would like to see if anyone has found fixes/work arounds for either on a rooted or unrooted phone.

List of problems
Quote:
Airplane mode: Phone goes into airplane mode(airplane mode option not active in settings) and will not turn the cell radio on until the power is power cycled.
I had this problem and it ended up being an application I installed, can't remember which one though, I just removed the app and it resolved the problem. If I were you I would start investigating apps that would cause this problem.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
No Incoming call rings: Phone does not ring when receiving some calls. Power cycle fixes it. I've only caught this in the act once but because of the nature of the problem there is no telling how many times it has happened.
I've never run into this problem, again it could be an app you've installed

Quote:
USB driver stops: Phone charges but notification to mount the USB drive does not appear. Toggling "USB debugging" in the settings also does not work when this happens. Power cycle fixes.
Rooting my phone took care of this issue. I had to reboot my phone anytime it wouldn't allow me to mount the SD Card. Another thing I found out too is that you must UNMOUNT the SD Card versus just unplugging the USB from the computer/phone.

Quote:
Proximity sensor: The proximity sensor does not turn the screen back on when I remove the phone from my face during a call. This happens every once in a while where I'll be talking and need to check something else on the phone like a contact and the screen will just remain disabled even though the phone is away from my face. It will not re-enable until the call ends.
I've not had this problem, are you running CL14?

Quote:
3G connection: The data connection just stops working even in an area where there is coverage.
I've not noticed this, I'll keep my eye out though!!

Quote:
Even though some of these are annoying, I still love the phone and will keep it in hopes of updates to fix these problems. I am willing to root the phone if there are ways to fix these issues before the next update drops, I am just trying to see if it is worth the time. Also if you use a custom rom that works pretty good, please comment. I here Zefie's is good, is that the only one out right now?
No custom roms YET, Zefie's kernel is good, it's what I'm running, there are two HOW TO ROOT for the Moment, RAINFREAK has one for phones that do not have CL14... I have one for phones WITH CL14...
This post has been thanked 1 times.