Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 AM
skyj635
Lurker

skyj635 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to skyj635
Moment Problems

After using my moment for about a month, I've run into a few problems that I would like to see if anyone has found fixes/work arounds for either on a rooted or unrooted phone.

List of problems
Airplane mode: Phone goes into airplane mode(airplane mode option not active in settings) and will not turn the cell radio on until the power is power cycled.

No Incoming call rings: Phone does not ring when receiving some calls. Power cycle fixes it. I've only caught this in the act once but because of the nature of the problem there is no telling how many times it has happened.

USB driver stops: Phone charges but notification to mount the USB drive does not appear. Toggling "USB debugging" in the settings also does not work when this happens. Power cycle fixes.

Proximity sensor: The proximity sensor does not turn the screen back on when I remove the phone from my face during a call. This happens every once in a while where I'll be talking and need to check something else on the phone like a contact and the screen will just remain disabled even though the phone is away from my face. It will not re-enable until the call ends.

3G connection: The data connection just stops working even in an area where there is coverage.

Even though some of these are annoying, I still love the phone and will keep it in hopes of updates to fix these problems. I am willing to root the phone if there are ways to fix these issues before the next update drops, I am just trying to see if it is worth the time. Also if you use a custom rom that works pretty good, please comment. I here Zefie's is good, is that the only one out right now?

Last edited by skyj635; 03-08-2010 at 09:11 AM.