View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 08:30 AM
dbldwn02
Regular 'Geeker

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Afghanistan International Data Sucks!

Ok, I'm in Afghanistan now. I signed up for internation data with Sprint. ($40/month) I knew data was going to be slow when I got here but it only works about 10% of the times. Sprint gave me some connection settings. I'm running on the Roshan Network by default. I'm set to GSM/UMTS only.

My Data Connection settings are

APN: cinet.spcs
No username, password or domain.

Sometimes it works. Most of the time it doesn't. I notice a "G" symbol on my taskbar. I'm assuming it stands for GPRS. It usually works when it's solid, but most of the time it has "hash marks through it" and it doesn't work. I attached a picture.

My friend has a Verizon BB Tour that she uses here. $60/month. Her's connects to Vodafone and works awesome.

Any other settings I could try or should I just cancel the data plan? I really like to be able to check my e-mail from my tent. Skype is a no go for voice, but it's good for texting back home. 10 cents a text. Plus Sprint isn't charging me for receiving texts from home. I know it'll probably catch up, but I'm not too worried.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

I threw in a cool pic from here too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MRAP Kodak Moment 8.jpg (133.8 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen04.jpg (7.5 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.

Last edited by dbldwn02; 03-07-2010 at 08:39 AM.