View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Weapondrift
Regular 'Geeker

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro - 6.5 ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neufusion View Post
Hey guys, I used to flash my phone with SSK ROMs but they are no longer in development.

I liked SSK mostly because it was tuned for the Verizon Touch Pro (50% less RAMcompared to other carriers).

Any recommendations fo good 6.5 ROMs that run well on Verizon HTC Touch Pro?
since you and I are both on vzw I have to flash "skinned" roms (or roms that have very little in the build) Im havign great luck with Copper Rom and NFSFans 6.5 rom. After all the apps I want are installed and contacts are placed back on the phone, I am currently at...43.70mb of free memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredtalon View Post
Yeah posting small ROMs would be appreciated. I have been using Energy's ROMs for almost a year now, and for whatever reason (maybe he keeps making them bigger??), hist last release is unusable on my Verizon Touch Pro. This is the breakdown WITHOUT TF3D....

Verizon TP: 192MB
Program Memory: 100.02 MB
In Use: 95.53MB (this is right after a soft reset)
Free: 4.49MB

I get a "Memory Critically Low" message about every 2 minutes, or every time I try to call, email, text, etc.

The funny thing is usually his ROMs leave me with about 145M of Program Memory, so I don't understand what happened with the last few that he decided needed to be much larger. Or maybe I am doing something wrong, I won't rule out that possibility.
when you look at the .nbh memory, what I always try to do is choose one that has the least amount of memory. The current one I loved but didnt have enough memory on my phone to even reinstall my contacts. Its not his fault whatsoever and I doubt you are doing naything wrong since I have to watch every rom I download and make sure it isnt loaded since that will leave me with only 4mb of free space...apparently WM doesnt like to run on anything less then 20mb (from my experience) you can blame VZW for giving us the gimped version of an otherwise great device.

one last thing...ive found its better to use Titanium version since manilia/sense takes up more memory on the phone

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"

Last edited by Weapondrift; 03-07-2010 at 04:51 AM.