View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 11:20 PM
elephant007
domo arigato mr roboto

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on Samsung Moment Without Official CL14 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moargasm View Post
I used this method to perfectly root my Moment, and I was happy. However, about 6 hours later sprint decided it was time to upgrade my phone to CL14, in preparation for Android 2.1 in 2 days.

So how do I change everything back to normal without losing all of my apps and data? Or can I run the updates like this?
Most likely you will have to redo all your apps and configuration, I don't know for sure though. The reason I think we would is because it's not an upgrade on the existing version, it's a platform upgrade... meaning it would be an entirely different configuration than our existing 1.5.

How you prepare for this?
I would think that you would have to reflash your phone with the Official Sprint CL14 Maintenance update and then when that is accomplished, update to 2.1... I would guess that 2.1 would make sure you are at the latest 1.5 version with all the updates first before it would install. Only way to know for sure is when 2.1 become available for our phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Who says 2.1 is coming out in 2 days?
Lies and deceit!! Who knows when 2.1 will really be available... could be in the next couple of days or weeks or months or year(s)... All I know is it will come out when it comes out... Until then, let's enjoy our time with 1.5