View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 04:58 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: possibly switching from hero to pre

it's simple. IMHO webOS wipes the floor with the Hero (note that I said webOS and not the Pre) Palm had a really bumpy launch since the Pre is plaiged with hardware issues, from cheap plastiky feel to things like screen blotches and speaker problems. It's supposed to be better with new builds but it really killed the buzz for Palm. Luckily my Pre has no such issues and I could not be happier. I had the Hero and it's a solid device but the CPU killed it's potential to be a real superphone. I got rid of it cuz of the lag (mostly browser and imput) and went back to the Pre which was night and day, It's not blazing fast but not pull-your-hair-out slow like the Hero can get. The screen looks so much better due to it being 32 million colors compared to 64k the Hero gets, browser is a joy to use, camera is 100000 times better (forget megapixels or autofocus, trust me they look waaay better) the pics are so crisp and vibrant due to superior lens that makes the 5mp of the Hero look like rubbish, we have games that only the iPhone can run besifes the Pre (Sims, Avatar, Assasins Creed, Lets Golf, Earthworm Jim, Grand Theft Auto (sorta) Guitar Hero etc. Honestly I made the right choice and toy will love it as well as long as you watch out for hardware issued and get you a solid model.