View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
DougB
Lurker

DougB is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DougB Send a message via Yahoo to DougB Send a message via Skype™ to DougB
Possible interim iGuidance fix?

Hello all,

I just downloaded the kitchen a few days ago and baked my first ROMs last week...after a few tried I came up with one I really like...thanks again to Helmi, WideAwake and every single other person involved with this effort!

So in WM5 I was a heavy iGuidance user...I had been using iG 3.0 for a while, but found that after upgrading to WM6 iG couldn't find the GPS signal, even when the settings were properly configured and other programs were able to find and use the data (and I tried redoing the settings multiple times with no luck). This seriously bummed me out, and no amount of searching has yielded a solution yet.

A few days ago, however, I tried running iG and GoogleMaps simultaneously, and lo and behold iG was able to use the GPS data (the pointer was green, not grey as without GM running).

Not sure if anyone has a better solution, but this seems to be working for me in the short term. Note that I have both the program and the maps on my storage card.

- Doug