View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Greg Brady
N00b

Greg Brady is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems after rooting/custom kernel

This is list of issues my phone is now having since rooting.

This was on a moment with sprint update already on it out of the box. I didnt have any problems on the phone but use wifi-router everyday and rooted to have this on my moment. Since installing keffes custom 14.1 my phone has done the following and i would like to know if it is just from the custom kernel.

Day 1: phone went into flight mode but it was not turned on in the settings and could not get radio to turn back on and had to reset.

Day 2: phone was working great, went into store to grab some gum, came out and phone would not turn on. No lights just black screen, had to pull battery and restart.
: Now im noticing scan lines randomly zipping through the screen here and there.

Day 3: Started using internet this morning then half-way through a google search it just stopped. ev icon on status bar- still had good service- but no internet. would work in any app. had to restart.

Just to be clear im not accusing the custom kernel at this point because i only had the phone for 2 days before rooting.

Other apps installed that may be causing problems so if you have these apps and any of these problems maybe we can make a connection.

1. SMS unread count
2. Scan 2 PDF full
3. Quick Settings
4. Astro File explorer
5. Wireless tether 2.0 pre7 added end of day 2

Overall i like this phone. I traded in my diamond for this because TP2 is just too much money for another windows phone. I dont feel 800 mhz pumping through it though. It is laggy at times and if a few apps are open the dialer lags when dialing.

Also has anyone used games on this phone? i downloaded raging thunder which ran flawlessly on my xv6700 many years ago and it is really choppy on this phone. Even monopoly skips and is jumpy. Is this just my phone or is that all we get with android?

Thanks to anyone who replies.

but please refrain from asking about mrs brady and the rest of the gang thanks