View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:42 PM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
7ma saving in CDMA only mode (better battery life??) - {2010-07-18}

A coworker of mine was playing around with setting to try and extend the battery life of his Imagio. He fliped his phone from global to CDMA only mode and reports an average difference of 7ma. I know 7ma is not a large reduction in power draw, but every bit counts.

Has anyone else out there tried / measured this?

Does it make sense?

I figured I would ask before conducting some semi-scientific test where I cannot control all the environmental variables.

Let me know.

To change the setting:
Start --> Settings --> Personal --> Phone

Select the network screen and flip to CDMA only.

2010-07-08
  • Finally figured out the registry key for this one
  • Attached a reg file and a cab version
  • Not sure how much it actually helps, but since we do not use GSM, it cannot hurt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (6.5 KB, 685 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Ninja Duck CDMA ONLY.1.1.cab (348 Bytes, 9 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: reg CDMA ONLY.reg (87 Bytes, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 07-18-2010 at 12:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.