Thread: The Moment
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:28 PM
rainfreak
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: The Moment

Way off topic but true story...

The owners of Page Plus are the Yassine brothers. They are from Lebanon and live in Toledo, OH. Back in the late 90's I had a pager and cell phone through them, because I knew the younger brother, Yassine (Yes he had the same first and last name; apparently it is an honor in their culture). I was good friends at the time with his cousin, Jihad, who also lived in Toledo. I actaully went to the airport to pick Yassine up when he was 17, and took his first step on American soil.

The kid always had serious motivation. He went to college and got a business degree and started Page Plus with his older brother in a corner of their father's carryout. One year later they had their own place in the strip mall that their father's store was in. Then they exploded and are where they are today.

Sorry, just had to share that story. I stall am not sure why...