View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Carla
Knowledge Is True Opinion

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on Samsung Moment

The way Rain wrote up to achieve root and flash a custom Kernel is what you need to do if you want to use any of the Ziefe Kernels PRIOR to 13, so 12.1 etc...To do that, you use Odin, and follow the instructions from the first post. To flash the custom CL14, that has CJ05 SBL and all the other CL14 files (Modem, etc..) use my directions (hope you don't mind Rain). If you are on CL14, from Sprint, then yes, you need to downgrade to CJ05 then go back to CL14 Fixed...something, I forget the file name, IF you want to use one of the earlier Kernels. This is the CL14 that will let you use those Kernels, gain root, but it still uses the CJ05 SBL.

If you want to use the most recent ZE13 then you need to upgrade to the official CL14, as in the one from Sprint and Samsung. Very simple, then I did a partial flash, to install Ziefe 13, which will ONLY work if you use the CL14 SBL. To attain partial flash, you basically flash your phone with the Sprint Utility, once that is done, datatool backup, go into the Sprint Utility, backup (copy) the stock .tar in the system file, replace it with the ZE13 Kernel, and you are good to go.

Sounds like a lot, but it actually isn't hard. Even if you have CL14 straight from Sprint, you will still need the Sprint Utitlty to use any of the ZE13 and on Kernels.

http://midnightchannel.net/kernelrom...#39;s-kernels/

Last edited by Carla; 02-28-2010 at 01:58 AM.