View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 11:52 PM
zipxavier
Lurker

zipxavier is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] [02-28-10] Zip Xavier's LITE Sense 2.5.2012 [Build 21893.5.0.90]

I've always been flashing roms on Windows Mobile devices since the Mogul and finally I took the initiative and began to learn how to cook my own ROM. So here it is. It's a lite build with the added apps being S2U2, Facebook(the newly released 1.1.0.17), Battclock 1.9, QuickGPS, PSShutXP hold power button for TP2, OpnMarket, Youtube and Google Maps.

I am not a business user by any means so I removed the Office apps, this ROM is more geared for someone who wants the ease of use and eye candy of Sense 2.5 without any bloat. I'm using the latest 21893 SYS of 6.5, it is fairly snappy. At the first boot you can select your carrier for provisioning, let me know how this works as I have only tested it with Sprint.

Carrier provisioning will be done as soon as the device first boots.

I changed the font size of the start menu for ease of use as seen in the pictures.

It has Sense 2.5.2012, the one with the Twitter tab and it is quite an amazing build in terms of speed and design. Opera Mobile 10 Beta 3 is set as the default browser.

I have included the PureBlack2 theme from here
but couldn't figure out how to make it default as the battclock settings look best with a black background.

Release 2 now includes a fully organized Start Menu with new icons as seen in the new screenshots.

Download Release #2 - Mediafire
Download Release #2 - Rapidshare

Please let me know if you have any tips, comments, tricks, etc. I really appreciate any feedback. Hope someone out there enjoys it.

Last edited by zipxavier; 03-01-2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: update and add images
This post has been thanked 5 times.