View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 05:41 PM
rainfreak
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: been quiet in here so

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
to be honest i have been thinking of switching to android. i am on the tp2 right now and despite the fact that i love customizing winmo, i am just about fed up with it. no matter how hard i try nothing ever works together. i have finally made it look decent, its just everything seems so independent. i like uniformity to an extent (no apple for me) but i crave customizing. so since google is releasing a vzw enabled n1 in spring i just may jump on it.

to anyone who has one....

do you think it would be wise to switch? sounds like i'll be paying full price to get it on vzw. i know its got great specs, but things move so fast in the silicon biz, that i am just worried that by the time the n1 hits vzw something newer and better will be just around the corner. however i guess thats how it always is...

is android just as simple to customize as winmo? does it require a linux os, or a lot of linux knowledge? i would be new to all of this. but i am a quick learner...
You might just be in luck. I have been seeing news articles all day (via RSS) that a new Android phone just cleared the FCC for VZW and all the speculation, based on the model number, is that it is the Nexus One.

Here are just a few of the stories:

http://www.androidcentral.com/cdma-v...es-through-fcc

http://androidcommunity.com/verizon-...-fcc-20100226/