View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 05:07 AM
DigitalAttic
Regular 'Geeker

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Lightbulb Re: --01/04/2010 --[FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ --01/04/2010 --

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman51 View Post
Shaggylive,
Thanks for that, cause I have no clue what to do with a sim card!
SIM: Subscriber Identity Module, used by carrier to identify you on the GSM network, stores basic account info like calling plan limits, etc.

It is not used like an SD card, and is analogous to a Credit Card strip, which contains info on your CC account, etc.

Once the TP2 is "security unlocked" you can use SIM cards from any GSM carrier w/service in the location you are traveling in. You can also then use custom "unlocked" radio ROMS to facilitate this function, as a locked radio will only operate on the select carrier for which it was developed. A "U-type" radio will allow any carriers SIM card to work w/your phone.

I know this is likely not a complete description of SIM functions, but it should be enough to get you going in the right research direction

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!