View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 PM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
5-column, small icon, vertical wrap start menu

Here's a modified StartMenu_GridScene_320x240.cpr file (this determines honeycomb grid placement in the start menu).

I can't get rid of the honeycomb (tried setting it to "FALSE" and got no start menu at all, so don't do that), but this does the following:

1. Shrinks icons

2. 5 columns (combined with #1 you now get 10 icons per screen instead of

3. Text wrapping a little tighter (i.e., "internet explorer" wraps)

4. Big one: VERTICAL WRAP!!! It doesn't work with a finger flick, but if you hit "start" and then up on the d-pad, you get to the bottom of your programs list! Then you can finger flick upward. This makes it really easy to get to the bottom of your programs list. Huge improvement IMHO.

=============== INSTRUCTIONS =====================

1. Take the attached .txt file and rename it so the extension is .cpr

2. Copy it somewhere onto your device (like "My Documents")

3. Using a file explorer like Resco Explorer, move it to \Windows

I had to do the steps above in order, because WM6.5 doesn't like you overwriting system files using Activesync. Once you overwrite it once, though, you can make further edits and then overwrite it directly to \Windows on your Intrepid from your PC.

If you make your own edits, you have to reboot the phone to see your changes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3999 (Small).JPG (30.6 KB, 343 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: txt StartMenu_GridScene_320x240.txt (1.1 KB, 95 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by haus; 02-24-2010 at 08:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.