View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 03:21 PM
elephant007
domo arigato mr roboto

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsng Moment screen Recalibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
Every screen on any device regardless of technology type, has to be calibrated to work. I use to deal with mc donalds and the newer registers use capacitive and the tech has a choice to recalibrate the screens which you get to by the manger putting in the passcode for you. I don't know why the average user thinks that capacative is not calibrated, all screens are calibrated, and there has to be a way to do it. } need to root this weekend, maybe that's the only way to figure it out, unless I return the phone, that's how unresponsivve the screen is and I have gone through 2 models, a reload of os twice, and a factory reset.
All I'm giving you is what I read, let me find it and I'll post the link. You can recalibrate the screen and I told you how it can be done. Maybe you have too much electromagnetic output in your fingers?
I have no problems with my phone.

I was reading the Samsung Moment manual and it mentioned that the screen responds better to light touches versus heavy presses. Just curious if you've tried lighter touches?

I've been looking for the calibration captive screen thing, some hard evidence... surely we can find this thing

I emailed Samsung Tech support asking if there was any way to recalibrate the screen, their response is below
Quote:
Dear Elephant007,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there are no configurable options to recalibrate the screen. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this presents.

Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer our new FAQ/ARS System - Automated Response System.

We do thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Technical Support

Last edited by elephant007; 02-24-2010 at 04:16 PM.