View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 12:27 PM
TheShade001
PPCGeeks Regular

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW!!! Official Windows Phone 7 Series Pics and Screens (Showcases OS and UI)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
I bet they threw that together in a month...
they'll develop it after it's released, this is Microsoft we're talking about ya know~
I know right? It looks like maybe, just maybe Microsoft is attempting to learn from their mistakes. After being very happy and refreshed by Windows 7 and Office 2010 on the way, i am hopeful that they keep the momentum up and deliver on Windows Phone 7. After spending a few hours reading reviews from the conference on Feb 14th it looks like they just might deliver. In my opinion at least.

I think MS is on the right track! The way it integrates and unifies all things oriented to what's important to you has me excited. I think it smashes every OS out there - this being said, of course, without ever using it myself.

One thing that REALLY concerns me though is the look. I completely agree with the previous post about the home screen. My first impression was, "Ew. Are you fraking kidding me?" I know they were going for simple and clean, but c'mon. This is BY FAR the ugliest home screen i have ever seen. I have heard talk about the desgin portions being completely done in XML. This could be good news if we can go in and style things the way we want. If we can create our own look through XML the HORRIBLE home page would be less of an issue. I get the feeling though, that it was probably SUPER stripped down for performance (for demo-ing purposes) since the emphasis was on the smooth transitions. Hopefully, that is the case and some attention will be given to the look. It sounds like, to me, they are putting A LOT of effort and money into this so i know they are INDEED working hard to redeem themselves rather than throwing something together in a month.

Another thing i am not sure how i feel about is something i came accross in a video or article of a MS rep demo-ing the phone. Unfortunately, i can't remember where i saw it. I suppose i could track down the link if anyone was interested. He said that Windows Phone 7 will not support Sence. Has anyone heard this? I have grown to love Sence. Although it would be nice to have Sence as an alternative UI i supose it's possible that we won't miss it at all, but it sucks to know that themes i have been working so hard on will be dead by Christmas. Bummer.

Nice review krjcook! Appreciate the info!

Last edited by TheShade001; 02-21-2010 at 12:32 PM.