View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Adrynalyne
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lots of ROMs out, not sure why no posts?

Its hard to work on Android. It requires a lot more technical knowledge, with Linux,Java, and C++ than say cooking for Windows Mobile, which doesn't require the knowledge of either.

So the reality of it is, there will always be a smaller community of Android devs, and most of them are over at All Droid. Even then, there are only a handful. Even on XDA, they are in the minority compared to Winmo devs.

Myself, I have a fairly decent knowledge of Linux (user since '95), but my Java knowledge is not really there. So Im at a major disadvantage as well. The only coding background I have is in C (not C++). I am working on it, but as a Chem E major, its very low on my list of priorities at the moment.

Once someone makes a universal kitchen, we will all be set. Until then, we will have a very small handful of truly amazing devs/programmers, and then a small handful of those who know how to customize and piece things together to make a decent product.

Then, you have some devs in competition with each other, not willing to share information. Thats not healthy for a modding community. Hopefully they will get past that. One of the things that helped the i910 community really get going was the desire to share information with everyone. Secrets suck.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 02-19-2010 at 01:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.